It’s nothing serious, no seriously.
Just realized it’d been awhile since anything’s been posted on here so I wanted to jump on and let you all know what’s going on.
We got a new server setup that’s been running beautifully for us. Last time it went down it had been running for over a month.
The reason things were so shaky there for awhile is the server was being attacked, and the software we were using wasn’t able to deal with it. Now that we have the new software though, things have been great.
You can always find the changelog here https://github.com/kellyelton/OCTGN/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md, but here are some things that we’ve added:
- Lobby users are now in alphabetical order(finally)
- Lobby is now opt-in(that is, when you log on, you don’t auto login to the lobby chat)
- You can now uninstall games
- Added some lobby sounds(with options to disable I believe)
- New database(sqlite)
- Autoinstall from directory on startup
- Python game error catching(as opposed to crashes)
- Python game install syntax checks(so you don’t install a game that’s broken)
- Added Game Rules window to play
- No longer uses Google to authenticate
- GlobalVariables for game devs.
- Headlines on login page
- Offline messages
- Added About window and links on login page
- Can set custom data directory for octgn
- Can now filter game list by game name
We are currently in development of the next version of OCTGN, 4.0. This release will be cross platform(in every sense of the word), and include some pretty awesome things. Here’s a brief list.
- Install games/install updates via URL’s(no more madness)
- Cross Platform
- Offline play
- Better support for other games besides card games
The End of the Post
For those who stuck around through the server issues, thank you and we’re sorry. We hope you think it was worth the pain. For those that bailed when things got a bit rough, come back and check it out.
We are also still looking for help whenever possible.We have lots of people who just join up, fix a few bugs, and then leave which is totally fine. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
All in all we have some pretty exciting new features, and many exciting new features to come, and it’s been great developing working on this software for you guys.
Github Page: https://github.com/kellyelton/OCTGN
OCTGN Site: http://www.octgn.info
Mailing List: http://groups.google.com/group/octgn-dev